© Storm Genevieve Black 2015. All Rights Reserved
Herb of the Month: Anise
Botanical Name: Pimpinella anisum
Common Names: Aniseed, Star Anise
Folklore: A pillow of Anise will help to keep nightmares away
Medicinal properties: Purification
Magical properties: Protection and purification.
Mineral of the month: Silver
Source: The Sea
Energy: Receptive, Feminine
Planet: The Moon
Deities: All lunar deities
Folklore: Wearing silver is said to reflect negative energies. There is a long history
of silver being associated with magic and healing. It even has a reputation for being
able to ward off evil and destroy evil beings.
Spiritual Uses: Silver mirrors and bowls may be used for scrying. Silver is said to be the mirror to the soul. Silver worn to bed increases the likelihood of psychic or prophetic dreams, and when used in astral work, the metal aids in connecting the physical and astral selves.
Emotional Uses: Silver may help to rebalance hormones. Wearing silver jewellery is said to help heal and calm the mind, and to slow the progression of degenerative brain diseases. Just wearing silver is said to help draw negative energy from the body to make way for positive energy.
Physical Uses: Silver has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It's resistance to germs is one of the reasons it became popular in eating utensils and goblets. Sterling silver is recommended for piercings as infection is less likely to take hold. It was particularly popular for treating contagions and wounds. Even today science has begun adding silver to band-aids to speed up the healing process.
Magical Properties: Silver can open the third eye and enhance psychic ability. It is a natural conductor of energy. When used in jewellery it will amplify and better focus the energy of any crystal set into it. It may be used for love, calming and healing. It's properties becoming more prominent during the full moon.
Sterling Silver (hallmarked 925) is an alloy made of a minimum of 92.5% silver and the remaining 7.5% Copper. The addition of copper makes the metal harder and far more durable than pure silver.
Satisfaction and success. Light and life force. Safety after strain and stress. Wealth, travel, pleasure and good friendships. Improving health and energy. More self-confidence and self-worth. A period of intense creativity and happiness. Clarity of mind and action. Move forward on the right course. Foresight, purpose and energy to carry out desires. Possibly a happy marriage and devoted partner, or promotion and success at work.
Image from the Fenestra Tarot.
Card of the Month: The Sun
|Amulets, Talismans & Jewellery|
|Books & stationery|
|Lotions & Potions|
|Herbal blends & Incense|
|Ritual Wear, clothes and accessories|
|Spell Kits and charms|
|Shop Policies and Information|
|Artwork by Storm|
|Events & Classes|
|A year at the coven|
|Good old Eye of Newt|
|Riding the Broomstick|
|The language of Witchcraft|
|Welcome the Mabon|
|The Witch's Cauldron|
|Our search for Herne the Hunter|
|Balancing the craft|
|The quest for Longevity|
|The origins of Christmas|
|A flock of ravens|
|There is much more to life|
|Fields, spring and new beginnings|
|The doorway to the other realm|
|The autumn, our ancestors, the harvest and Samhain|
|The winter, the poles, the darkness and celebration|
|Walking the threads of the web part 1|
|Walking the threads of the web part 2|
|From Worts to Wisdom|
|Working with the Elements|
|Wyrd Web circle|
|Social at the park|
|40 Questions Answered|